Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association (GLASA) strives to ‘Let No One Sit on the Sidelines’ and operates under a mission to promote and support the optimal development and well-being of...
Who Are We?
We are a group of local women who want to support our community in the greater Milwaukee area. As individuals we feel that it is challenging to make a meaningful impact in our community one at a time, but as a group we have the ability to contribute in ways we never thought possible!
Our mission is to make a difference in our community by finding at least 100 women to each contribute $100 four times a year ($40,000+ annually as a group) to local charities. All charities and organizations up for consideration must use our contributed funds in the Milwaukee Metro area. The idea is to keep it local and have an impact that WE can SEE in our communities! Click here to read an open invitation to the group.
How 100 Women Who Care Works
- Meetings are one hour in length (though you may choose to stay later to socialize)
- Each Member commits to donating $100 per meeting on a quarterly basic ($400 annually). Members can be individuals or a team.
- Members bring a blank check to be written out directly to the selected charity. If a member is unable to attend a meeting she may give her check to another Member to deliver on her behalf or she may mail it in before/after the meeting.
- All donations will be provided to Milwaukee area charities serving the greater Milwaukee area. Donations benefiting national charities will not be considered. However, If a national charity has a local group affiliation and the donation will only benefit the Milwaukee metro area, that is allowable for consideration.
- Members who wish to submit a charity for consideration must complete a Charitable Organization Fact Sheet and be ready to make a five minute presentation at the meeting to the members about such charity. Three charity submissions will be randomly drawn at the meeting of which the presenters will then have time to make their five minute presentation.
- Only Members who have signed a Commitment Form and are current on their contributions may submit a charity for consideration.
- Only Members who are current in their contributions are eligible to vote at meetings.
- A Q&A session will take place immediately following the three presentations and directly preceding Member voting.
- Each Member will vote by ballot - the majority rules. Even if your choice does not win, all Members are responsible for writing a check to the winning charity.
- If a Member presents for a particular charity that is not chosen, the Member is still eligible to submit that same charity at subsequent meetings or until such charity is chosen. If a Member's charity is chosen, that charity is not eligible to be considered again for 1 full year. However, the Member is still eligible to submit the name of another charity.
- In the case of a two-way tie the membership will be provided with the names of the two charities and a second vote will be taken. If the second vote results in another tie then the we will randomly pick one of the two charities name out of a hat. In the case of a three-way tie we will randomly pick one of the three names out of a hat.
- The winning charity must agree not to use the names of the Members for future solicitations or give member information out for any other public use or purpose. The charity is also required to send a representative to the next meeting to explain to the Membership how the funds have been used.